Hi, I’m Kathryn
I love my job. I absolutely love every birth, every “I did it!”
Back in 2004 I was invited to my first birth. My friend believed I was the kind of person that could give the right kind of support during a big event like birth. We both learned she was right! It was 9 years before I invested in that idea and became a professional doula. I have given birth myself three times. All very different births, but all with a doula of my very own.
- you are the expert in you and your body and can make good choices. My job is to ensure you are fully informed and then fully supported in
- your choices, whatever they may be.
- you are the owner of your birth. Not your doctor, midwife, hospital, or doula.
- birth is a safe, normal physiological event.
- in undisturbed birth.
- in lifesaving medical interventions.
- in being fully present at every birth I am invited to. I offer you my heart and my hands.
- that your birth experience matters.
- how you are treated matters.
- in whole health – mind, body, spirit.
Doula Certificate, Heart and Hands Midwifery Intensives with Elizabeth Davis
- Rebozo Me Tenderly Workshop with Angela Leon
- Belly Dance Birth Workshop with Maha Al Musa
- Quantum Midwifery Workshop with Whapio Diane Bartlett of The Matrona
- More Oxytocin Please Workshop with Nekole Shapiro
Contra Costa Regional Medical Center Volunteer DoulaTraining
New ACOG Prevention of the Primary Cesarean Delivery Guidelines: Do They Raise More Questions Than Answers? with Penny Simkin
Grow Your Birth Business, Bloom Birth Professionals
Grow Your Placenta Business, Bloom Birth Professionals
Advanced Doula Trainings at Thrive Birth Center
Doula Certificate, Madriella Doula Program
Massage for the Laboring Woman, Somatic Arts and Sciences Institute
Spinning Babies with Gail Tully
BirthKeepers Summit Attendance
- Gentle Childbirth in the Age of Climate Change with Robin Lim
- The Power of Sound with Nan Koehler
- Life-Saving Innovations & Sustainable Birth Models from the Global South with Robin Lim
- Having the Tough Conversations: Using the wisdom of MotherBaby to fortify our community. with Nekole Shapiro
- The effects of fetal stress deprivation in the perinatal period. Lessons from pre-labor c-sections. Michel Odent, MD
Mindful Communication Course with Shiela Pai
3 Things Every Parent Need to Know About Hospital Birth, Cristen Pascucci
Advanced Doula Skills Training Workshops, Harmony Doula Training
- Using a Rebozo (shawl) for Bodywork, Comfort, and Connection before, during, and after Labor
- Variations on Normal and Optimal Fetal Positioning: Recognizing and Understanding Labor Patterns, with Suggestions for Improving Position
- Using Acupressure for Relaxation, Comfort, and Energy release Work for Labor, Delivery, and Postpartum
- Understanding and Using Self-Hypnosis for Childbirth
- Writing Great Meditations
- Supporting VBAC Clients: From Evidence Based Facts to Panic Attacks
- Essential Oil Safety in Pregnancy, Labor and Delivery, and Postpartum
- Working with Trauma Survivors: Understanding the Special Role of Doulas and Care Providers When a Client Is a Survivor of Sexual Abuse or Birth Trauma
- Mindfulness Practice for Doulas and Their Clients
- Business Building: How to Open a Group Practice for Doulas
Deconstructing Common VBAC Barriers, VBACFacts Academy
Partner Certified, Joe Valley of Empowered Papa
The Art and Science of Lactation and Sleep for Professionals, Moorea Malatt
Trauma Informed Care, Jesse Remer and Astrid Castro
Serving the East Bay including Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. Cities include Livermore, Dublin, Pleasanton, San Ramon, Danville, Brentwood, Discovery Bay, Oakley, Antioch, Bay Point, Concord, Martinez, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek, Moraga, Lafayette, Orinda.
We attend births at the following hospitals: Contra Costa Regional Medical Center, John Muir Medical Center – Walnut Creek, Kaiser – Antioch, Kaiser – Walnut Creek, San Ramon Regional Medical Center, Sutter Delta Medical Center, and Valleycare Medical Center.