Hi, I’m Angela
I began my journey in birth education when I became pregnant with my first son in 2010. Upon reaching my second trimester, my thirst for knowledge on childbirth grew. I read everything I could get my hands on and browsed the internet for hours on end. I was unable to have my son at home with a midwife, like I had wanted and I soon discovered that my odds of having the birth I wanted at the hospital my insurance covered were slim unless I had proper support. I hired an amazing woman to guide me through one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. On August 31st 2011 at 4:04 am my beautiful son was born and I was transformed. I was able to achieve the birth I had envisioned for the past nine months. My experience was so life changing I decided that it was my life’s mission to help other women have the birth they desire. I have given birth to another son since I started my path into birth work
(I finally got my homebirth!) and again had the support of a wonderful doula.
I believe in you and your ability to birth your baby. I will support you without judgement or my own agenda in whatever capacity you desire. My goal is to help you have the birth you dream about, the birth that will have you feeling transformed.
Doula Certificate, DONA
Breastfeeding for Doulas, East Bay Lactation
Childbirth Preperation, Debbie Lavin
Grow Your Birth Business, Bloom Birth Professionals
Spinning Babies with Gail Tully
BirthKeepers Summit Attendance
- Gentle Childbirth in the Age of Climate Change with Robin Lim
- Life-Saving Innovations & Sustainable Birth Models from the Global South with Robin Lim
- Having the Tough Conversations: Using the wisdom of MotherBaby to fortify our community. with Nekole Shapiro
- The effects of fetal stress deprivation in the perinatal period. Lessons from pre-labor c-sections. Michel Odent, MD
Advanced Doula Skills Training Workshops, Harmony Doula Training
- Using Acupressure for Relaxation, Comfort, and Energy release Work for Labor, Delivery, and Postpartum
- Understanding and Using Self-Hypnosis for Childbirth
- Writing Great Meditations
- Supporting VBAC Clients: From Evidence Based Facts to Panic Attacks
- Essential Oil Safety in Pregnancy, Labor and Delivery, and Postpartum
- Working with Trauma Survivors: Understanding the Special Role of Doulas and Care Providers When a Client Is a Survivor of Sexual Abuse or Birth Trauma
- Mindfulness Practice for Doulas and Their Clients
Yoga for Birth, Yoga Tree SF
Newborn Care 101, Andrea Berkey
Partner Certified, Joe Valley of Empowered Papa
Trauma Informed Care, Jesse Remer and Astrid Castro
Serving the East Bay including Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. Cities include Livermore, Dublin, Pleasanton, San Ramon, Danville, Brentwood, Discovery Bay, Oakley, Antioch, Bay Point, Concord, Martinez, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek, Moraga, Lafayette, Orinda.
We attend births at the following hospitals: Contra Costa Regional Medical Center, John Muir Medical Center – Walnut Creek, Kaiser – Antioch, Kaiser – Walnut Creek, San Ramon Regional Medical Center, Sutter Delta Medical Center, and Valleycare Medical Center.